Performs maintenance duties on exterior and interior of facilities as needed to assist in the upkeep and cleaning of facility and grounds.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Clean the office area, waiting room and public bathrooms on a daily basis to include dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, etc.
- Clean kitchen appliances as needed.
- Clean office chairs as needed.
- Clean Depot passenger shelters, including snow and trash removal when needed.
- Assist with the grounds and lot maintenance as needed, including trash and debris removal, sweeping, snow shoveling, and gardening tasks
- Assist passengers as needed.
- Obtain quotes and order cleaning supplies as needed.
- Arrange for opening of Depot on weekdays and on weekends and assist Building & Grounds Supervisor with holiday schedule as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintain First Aid and bio-hazard kits for all MAX Transit fleet, as well as restocking.
Interpersonal Skills – Keeps emotions under control.
Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment free environment; Treats people with respect.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
Professionalism – Follows through on commitments
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to read and understand basic written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Previous cleaning and facility maintenance experience.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to stay awake.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Valid Michigan driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to stand, push and pull for extended periods as required to complete tasks.