Monitors procurement duties to ensure that all current purchasing procedures are followed according to the MAX, Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), and other funding resources policy and procurement guidelines. Coordinates with MAX staff to identify eligible projects in the Transit Asset Management (TAM) Plan and assists with replacement of transit vehicles and equipment to maintain a State of Good Repair (SGR). Manages the purchase of goods and services as needed. Maintains all reporting related to inventory of equipment at all MAX facilities, and our revenue, and service vehicles.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, though procurement oversight is a key responsibility of the Coordinator role.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Follows current MAX, FTA, MDOT and other funding resources procurement and policy guidelines. Manages the purchase of goods and services as needed.
- Assists to coordinate all aspects related to the procurement of transit vehicles, support equipment, services, and construction. This includes coordination with MAX staff to identify eligible projects in the Transit Asset Management (TAM) Plan and replace transit vehicles and equipment to maintain a State of Good Repair (SGR).
- Develops Request for Proposals (RFP), quote requests, and other procurements solicitations, according to the current Federal Transit Administration (FTA), MAX, Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT), and other funding resources, procurement and policy guidelines.
- Project management to coordinate procurement tasks
- Maintains MAX, FTA, MDOT and other funding resources reporting, and documentation related to inventory of all equipment and vehicles.
- Creates and maintains annual summary report of all purchases over $3,000 for FTA Triennial Review.
- Assists to coordinate disposal of retired revenue and service vehicles and equipment follow all current guidelines.
- Proactively organizes and oversees procurements to meet deadlines.
- Works with the Grant Manager Specialist/Purchasing Coordinator to ensure all MAX, FTA, MDOT and other funding resources requirements are followed and documented.
- As assigned, assists Grant Management Specialist with tasks or reports related to funding.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Analytical – Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Diversity – Promotes harassment-free environment; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Treats people with respect.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Education and Experience
- At least two years of grant writing and/or purchasing experience
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work independently
- Regular and Predictable attendance
- Knowledge of MAX Transit service area
- Ability to read, write, and speak English clearly.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Data entry experience.
- General knowledge of Windows based computer operating systems.
Other Skills and Abilities
- High organized and demonstrates a proactive approach to ensure timely procurement